The significance of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to India’s economic growth and prosperity is well established. They provide the critical depth to the manufacturing and service sectors, foster entrepreneurship and generate substantial employment. Close to 45 per cent of the total manufacturing output and 40 per cent of the country’s exports is contributed by India’s SME sector. The sector is the largest generator of employment after agriculture. The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector has been recognized as engine of growth all over the world. It plays a very significant role in terms of balanced and inclusive growth and contributes to the process of economic development, equitable distribution of national income and regional dispersal of enterprises by way of mobilization of capital and entrepreneurial skills. Policymakers, business leaders, and independent economists universally agree that there is far unlocked potential to SMEs in India. Its growth is essential and is extremely crucial to the future of India’s growth.
For its contribution to Indian GDP (8% and rising), the share of voice of the SME sector in the mainstream media has traditionally been abysmally low. SMEpost.com through its various avatars aims to give the sector not only its due voice but also help it build scale.
“ Enable and empower the SME sector to be the growth engine of Indian business and economy.”
– Provide regular update on government and regulatory issues including top business and economy news relevant to SMEs.
– Highlight best business practices that can drive business efficiency & competitiveness
– Celebrate success stories of SMEs; share leadership mantras of successful entrepreneurs
– To get SME leadership to engage with policy makers
– Knowledge on Taxation & Audits, Quality Control, Credit Ratings through guest columns
– Special focus will be on SME Finance including knowledge on equity financing opportunities
– To play host to technology solutions to give SMEs the business edge
– Marketing and branding knowledge including new ways of leveraging traditional and digital media
– Build engagement platforms to drive partnerships & collaboration
– Build skill development initiatives that enhance SME competitiveness and generates employment